Welcome to World of Potters international feedback portal.
On this page you can suggest ideas, vote for the ideas you like and help develop World of Potter.
All ideas and comments should must be in english.
Recently updated topics 1,019
Allow non VIP users to have the 'dating/engaged to/married to' relationship statuses for free (1 per each account only)
The backstory team spends a lot of time checking backstories of users. That’s why I feel like there should be a function to see what they actually do, also visible for other users.
So I thought of a feature with a function to leave a mark on the profile of a user with an approved backstory. (See image below) I think that would really make it more interesting to spend time on writing a backstory.
The blue check mark behind the name means that the profile is correct.
"Backstory Correct:" is a function added for the backstory team to make sure a profile is correct. With a simple yes or no you can make sure that the profile has been checked correctly by the backstory team. This function has to be editable at all times.
I also would love to see that approved profiles end up in a ‘check again’ list in the admin panel. When they change their backstories. This list should be accessible for every backstory member. (See Image below.) This would make it much more efficient to check profiles. It also would filter the inactive users.
I used to be a librerian and when we finished a book and published it, we had to tell it on the chat that it was out so people could go and see it. So, I was wondering if we can put notifications when a book comes out, it would be easier and everyone, even people who aren't on the chat, could see it and go for it.
(sorry for the English, I'm French xD)
A Triwizard Tournament with all the sits involved would be amazing!
I'd happily organise it!
We have now discussed this, and it would leave out too many non-english-speaking users.
Alchemy is an optional subject taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to sixth and seventh-years. It concerns the ancient science of Alchemy, the study of the four basic elements, as well as the study of the transmutation of substances. I believe this would be a great addition to the classes/subjects on WoP for sixth/seventh years, And will help expand the range of subjects.
Other classes were chosen to be added.
You could give your character's birthday - just a one-time thing, it cannot be changed to prevent abuse - and around that day IC, your character will age up. Like my EU character's birthday is September 22nd, so technically, on September 22nd in the first year, she should turn 12. There are more people who have birthdays somewhere during the year and it's only until the next year that their new age shows, which could cause confusion in topics. My character age is technically 14 at this moment, but it'll show 13 until the end of the year.
Me and many others believe having a United Kingdom World of Potter site would help develop the community and attract a wider range of Harry Potter fans reaching from England to Wales to Scotland and Northern Island, As currently there is not a lot of British people within the sites, But with United Kingdom site, This will help attract those fans who want to experience an amazing RPG site, A UK site will be a great magnet to attract all those wandering fans, Who don’t seem to be attracted to the EU or American site etc. Yes it will cost you money to open another site but with the hard work and commitment from other British WoP Users A United Kingdom WoP could grow making a wonderful community adding to the already amazing Community on EU/DK/US/NL. Of course if you need donation to help keep the site running, I’d be happy to pay £10 a month towards it staying open(Me Rodrik). Down below I have some of the Beneficial reasons why it would be beneficial. Also a Straw Poll which has IP checking enabled meaning Only one vote allowed per IP.(http://www.strawpoll.me/12673779/r)
A few Beneficial reasons:
- A lot of British people may not have the confidence to speak to others from around the world, So it would be a more comfortable relaxing environment for them to feel safe in.
- Britain is leaving the European Union, So it makes more sense for Britain to have it’s own site rather than being part the EU site, Of course people can still choose to go on EU site.
- The Pricing for stuff like V.I.P will be in pounds, Rather than Euros making it more homely and people more likely to buy it as it’s a currency they know.
- It could attract more people from Britain to World of Potter community, Which would benefit it a lot more! As there tends to be not many British people.
- Having a domain like www.worldofpotter.uk would mean users from the UK could easily find the website.
beloved World of Potter-Fellows,
I am opening a topic that was declined once. I was very sad when this
happend because I know many Users wished for it. I am talking about
the school subject ‘Alchemy‘. So today, I present to you five
reasons why this subject should be taught in Hogwarts:
It is an elective subject offered at Hogwarts for 6th and 7th years
- It would be more realistic when we teach this subject, because Rowling herself said that this is a subject in Hogwarts. Also many WoP-Sites even have books about this subject in their libraries.
It is an ancient study and as those very important to preserve
- You can compare Alchemy with chemistry. Our Chemistry is kind of the modern/muggle Version of Alchemy but it is much more than potions. In Potions they would never teach you how to brew gold. It is a combination from many different subjects (Potions, Transfiguration, Astronomy, Herbology). The teacher for Alchemy could make it a requirement to have the OWL in those subjects if you want to take the class. Beside the fact this subject is offered in the last two years in Hogwarts it shows that this is a very important subject to teach the students how it is to work as a savant. And we know, that there are still witches and wizards who are actively studying and practicing Alchemy in the twentieth century.
There are tons of references in the Harry Potter Books
- For example ‘Philosophers Stone‘, ‘Nicholas Flamel‘ (who is not only in Harry Potter but a real alchemist. JKR has not imagend him by herself), Albus Dumbledore himself was an alchemist and as a little fun fact: Rubeus Hagrids and Albus Dumbledores firstnames were chosen based on alchemy. They mean ‚red‘ and ‚white‘ and that are both colors being essential mystical elements of the process. Also the subject was first mentioned in the first book (Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone ← It‘s in the title, come on guys!)
It is a philosophical subject
- Discussing topics like having the power to live eternally, transmutating lead to gold or perform other alchemistic wonders to make your life easier or more perfect could be part of the syllabus as well. Historically Alchemy has always been the art of perfecting both the human body and soul, as the so well known Transmutation (lead to gold) is more of an analogy for human perfection. Students could discuss what follows if everything is perfect and maybe all to equal.
More possibilities after your graduation in Hogwarts
- Focussing on the future of WoP, it would be such a pleasure if students would have the chance to attend alchemy classes. With their knowledge they could support Healers (just as an example, beside many others).
So. I hope you understand now why it is so important to teach this subject in Hogwarts! Please do not decline it a second time. It would break many little hearts.
We've talked about this, and we still don't want it as a course in school, but we will be working on adding it as a graduation course!
Customer support service by UserEcho